CTCSOL (Certificate for Teachers of Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages) is a standardized test administered by Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban).
The test assesses the suitability of candidates to serve as international Chinese language teachers based on their abilities in the following 5 domains:
1. Basics in Chinese Language Teaching
2. Chinese Language Teaching Methodology
3. Instructional Design and Classroom Management
4. Chinese Culture and Cross-cultural Communication
5. Professional Ethics and Disciplinary Development.
Due to its high standard and international recognition, the certificate serves as an important reference for international schools and educational institutions here in their assessment and recruitment of Chinese language teachers.